A certain organization has decided to "honor" those of us who are infertile by giving away a vasectomy - because, you know, there's no better way to give a hug to an emotional, weary, beyond-sad group of people than by mocking them, being derisive and just ludicrously asinine. Said organization - which is supposed to be about animals - has responded to those of us who are beyond offended by their horrible promotion by saying they don't really care - they'll get publicity for their cause any way they can, no matter who they hurt.
Don't get me wrong.
1. I'm all for animals. I've been involved with greyhound rescue for more years than I'll mention.
2. I'm all for voluntary vasectomies. Snip away. Sterilize away if that's your choice. Rock on.
But. DO NOT tell me that you're honoring the overwhelming struggle of infertility by flippantly giving away a vasectomy, in some warped expectation that people are going to understand that you're promoting responsible pet ownership. It's gone beyond pet ownership at this point - said organization now says that the human race is overpopulated and that it's their intent to get people to stop procreating and that the infertile should "just adopt."
Oh, OK. I'm not even going to get into it, because that just gives this ridiculous topic more energy.
I'll just say this:
Bite me. Thank you for "honoring" National Infertility Awareness Week by giving away a free vasectomy in some lame-ass promotion. Thank you for mocking the most painful personal struggle of my life. Do I support responsible pet ownership? Absolutely. Do I condone this offensive and asinine effort? Over my dead, infertile body.
Thursday, April 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. You need a stupid people tag.
I'm sorry.
Post a Comment