Monday, March 14, 2011

Suck it, winter

So there. I've been wanting to say it all day after the morning we had, but I've been trying to be positive. I'll continue that effort, but I'm going to say it again. Suck it, winter.

We had a typical morning, but for some snow/ice/sleet stuff. Roads were wet and there were the typical warnings about overpasses. I dropped the girls off and headed toward Lawrence. I was taking it easy and not being aggressive; I wasn't in a hurry or pushing it.

One second the road was wet, the next there was an overpass full with a few inches of snow/ice/slush. I made it over that one, eased off the gas and saw the same thing on the next overpass. As soon as I hit the overpass I started into a skid. I slid, spun, went around and ended up sliding down an embankment. I was prepping for the vehicle to roll when I hit some kind of metal pole on the driver's side and stopped. Tilted. With the front right tire off the ground.

And as I was waiting for my trusty hero, Brian, I watched another vehicle start the spin, hit a snow plow and end up barely managing to stay on the shoulder and not sliding down the embankment.

So now my car remains precariously perched, waiting for Bri and help to return to it later tonight to try to haul it out and assess the damage.

1. I'm fine.
2. The girls weren't with me.
3. I'm fine.
4. The girls weren't with me.

Repeat with me.  

Oh, and tell winter to suck it.

5 comments:

Bill and Michelle Curran said...

Okay, I just had to barely glance at the entry. The title said it all!

Jodi said...

spring is coming spring is coming spring is coming.

Anonymous said...

Good god that you are ok.....
what a scare that must have been for you.
love,
Hanne's

Tiffany said...

Holly! OMG! Wrecks are horrible and I'm glad you're ok! I could insert a Jayhawk joke here, but I'll give you a break today. LOVE YA!

Todd and Jana said...

So scary! I am glad you are ok and that the girls weren't with you.