Somehow, already, we've had Leah's Kingergarten roundup. I think that's such a funny name for the event, and I wonder if they call it that all around the nation or just here in the middle? I feel for Leah since she's had so many changes - coming to the US from Russia, starting one school, then switching schools and now we're talking to her about her Kindergarten school. I'm glad that when we get her to her elementary school it's where she will be for a number of years. She's a rock star and has transitioned each time wonderfully; we'll just be glad when we don't have another school transition looming.
As for Hope, she's finally realizing that Leah's school thing is something she'd really like to participate in. We keep telling her when she's 4 she'll go to preschool and we've got her spot reserved next year at the preschool Leah currently attends. She asks nearly daily when she can go to school and we think she'll have so much fun when next school year rolls around.
And as for the rainbow, I saw one when I was driving home from work the other day. We're still without my car so I was on the highway in "Brian's" truck, which the poor guy hasn't been able to drive since I wrecked my car and it's still being repaired. I glanced over on my way to get the girls and there was a rainbow. It made me feel about nine years old and it felt lovely to remember being a girl. I pray daily that our girls have as many wonderful memories of their child as I do and that someday they'll see or hear something that will transport them back in time and that they'll feel nothing but pure love at the memory of their childhood.
I promise some new pics soon; days just roll by and by the time the girls are in bed, the dishes are in the dishwasher, the next in the never-ending loads of laundry is being washed (or rewashed, because it sat in the washer too long before being put in the next appliance), I'm a lump on the couch or our bed ready for the next day to speed by. No excuse, I know. I'll try to do better.
Saturday, April 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You don't need to "do better." You're doing great! Mommy-guilt is a horrendous beast, and you've GOT to stop it now. When my kids were about Hope & Leah's age I asked one of my classes once "what makes a good parent?" My favorite response was "Making good memories for your children." It sounds like that's exactly what you're doing! Keep up the great work, Holls! Love ya!
Julie
Post a Comment