I never thought I would be so happy as to have my kids looking at a TV screen. Our girls have little to no interest in the TV and even say, "No" to me frequently when I turn on the TV for the news. I'm pretty certain it's because of the language - Bri and I were annoyed to no end by the constant Russian on Russian TV - imagine that.
But today...for the first time...the girls are watching Sesame Street! Hooray for a variety of reasons!
We're continuing to settle in. Leah lovesloveslovesloves school and Hope and I are enjoying the time we get to spend together while Leah is at school. Brian was able to spend all day Sunday at home with us and it was WONDERFUL. We went to church (the girls have started to go down to play with other 3 and 4 year olds during services and they love it!) and then we ran a few errands and spent the rest of the day at home. It's amazing the difference in having 2 adults in the house is! Bri works tremendously hard and is gone a lot and we're very proud of his sacrifices and efforts on behalf of our family but our favorite time, obviously, is when he's here!
(I just heard Hope repeat after a character! Zebra...zipper...! Looks like today is the letter Z!)
Monday, September 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Yay for Sesame Street!!! My girls are terrified of the show. Why? Because there are people in costumes on there. Go figure.
Glad to see all is well in Shrinerville!!
I'm a huge fan of Sesame Street! So great that they're watching it!!!
Check out Nick Jr. Noggin channel 26.....it has good varieties!
Give it 3-6 month and you will have two chatter boxes...ha ha :)
Love,
Hanne's
Hi! Just found your blog! Your daughters are absolutely gorgeous.
Our little angel came home at 28 mos. old and it took 3 months before TV would hold her attention longer than 30 seconds. It started out with Kipper the Dog cartoons and now she LOVES the classics: 101 Dalmations, Lady and the Tramp, & The Aristocats.
She doesn't watch a lot of TV but it's my one and only break to get a load of laundry in and perhaps go to the bathroom in private for a few moments!
Blessings to you and your beautiful family,
Laura :)
Don't you just love Sesame Street! It brings Marina so much joy I'm thinking about making a donation to PBS. Her whole life now revolves around Elmo! Glad everything is going so well for you - can't wait to see more pics!
I think TV is good for kids (if you get the channels without commercials)! Kira was fluent in Spanish at age 2 just from watching Dora and Diego on Noggin. She could carry on a conversation with the lady who cut her hair! Her spanish is not so good now but she is taking some at school and I'm sure she will pick it up again! :)
I'm so glad your kids love Sesame Street! Kira didn't like it b/c of the costumes but other kids love it for that reason! :)
We adopted 2 boys from Russia 11 months ago and Sesame Street was a hit during the first weeks & months. That was the only show on TV that we let them watch. They learned a lot of english from SS. Sometimes their moods change just like with food. One day they don't like it then the next they so love it. Keep on.
Post a Comment