Saturday, August 28, 2010

Yes, I did promise

I've been bad about updating! We're just now starting to get into a groove. There are a lot of adjustments going on, all around! Bri's back to work, Killian the greyhound is home again, the girls are learning what a real home is all about and I'm trying to figure out how on earth moms actually go to the bathroom during the day, let alone plan and fix a real meal. Thank goodness for friends and family who have been helping us out in that regard!

The weather has been nicer the last few days so we've been outside a lot. Bri and I put in a pebble/rock section for our fire pit last fall and the girls have had fun using sand shovels and buckets in it the last few days. They continue to be decked out in the latest of daytime and nighttime fashions and footwear, thanks to my parents. They've also had all sorts of new, fun and wonderful gifts from all sorts of friends and family!

I hope to be able to post more next week. Hope you all are great!

We love our doll mealtime sets from Aunt Tai, Uncle Rex and cousin Hayden.
Forgive the foot; Mama can't crop it out for some reason.

Grammy/Grandma/not sure exactly what name we'll settle on gave us new PJs that
Grandpa and she picked out. We put them on right away and were so excited!

Just swingin'.

An airplane provides a distraction from the rocks.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the little tush'ies facing up while swinging....not sure why but all kiddos loves it :)

And look at the bear hugs....awww...such cutie pies!
love,
Hanne's

MJTG said...

Great pics! Looks like all is well. The bathroom breaks will come - you haven't been home a month yet.

As for the meals - I make good use of the freezer and microwave. Mine will eat leftovers if I rotate the days (- not same meal for 2 days.) And we stock the freezer during sales etc. Or I morph the leftovers into something from the crockpot.

I can attest that our first month home, my mom & sis kept us fed. Kids thought 'cooking' meant pressing microwave buttons!

Anonymous said...

They are so cute! I can't imagine how hectic your life must be - but they are worth it. Congratulations again! How happy you must be just to be out of a hotel room! :)

Victoria

Anonymous said...

Ah the bathroom...My kids are almost 7 and 20 3/4 months. If I shut the door and lock it to go potty, they are tugging at the door in dire need of something at the moment. I can't even take a bath without melt downs even with Dad home. I figure, it is the price of Mommyhood so I just smile and move on.
Crockpots are your friend, so use it! Do the prep work after they go to bed, put in the fridge and you have a meal to cook the next day worry free!
Thanks for the pictures!
Becky

Tiffany said...

How incredible to see you at home with the girls and getting settled in! We are so very happy for you! LUL!!!