Friday, April 23, 2010

Will it ever end?

I'm SO tired of paperwork. There are a couple of pieces that just are bad pennies and we have to keep redoing them, for a variety of reasons. I know we have to do them. I get it. I'll do them. But I'm so SICK of doing them I can't even tell you. I HATE asking other people to hep us out and making them do things special, specific, strange kind of ways. Just today I went to pick up what I thought were our final bank letter only to find out that the notary information is still wrong so I had to go back and ask them to do it a FOURTH TIME. Yes, technically their mistake but it's still because I'm asking for something from them and I keep asking and asking and asking.

BLARGH! Yes, it's for the girls. But come on. It's been almost TWO YEARS of this and I'm just exhausted.

No need to reply or to give a pep talk. I know I just need to suck it up and quit complaining. But it's my blog and my place to rant, so today I'm going to rant. :) 

7 comments:

Beth said...

Rant and vent all you want!! The judge in Ekat had me get my car loan information 3 times ok talk about crazy. So as long as I pay my car loan I can adopt my son??? It is pretty sad that my 4 and a half year old son (adopted from China) also was complaining about all the paper work I needed to do. I can hear my sons fighting when they are older who made mom do the most paper work!!! I know it is hard to believe but it will all work out and soon you will have your girls home!!!!

BETH

Shelly and Steve said...

Complain away sister....it bites big time.

Jane and Jim said...

Girl - you have every right and reason to vent!
I can remember those horrible days - you seem to have it a little more horrible than most of us did... hopefully that will mean that more of a smooth transition?! BEST of luck and I hope this freeze is lifted soon -
jane

MJTG said...

Dear Holly,

I read your story and found your blog. We adopted 2 children from Tver and have been home almost 2 years (boy & girl - now 4&3). This 'adoption freeze' is a terrible situation all around and we wish you all the best as you plod through more (redundant) paperwork. We learned that the tver russian judges rotate through the different types of court every few months. There was a female judge, who kept adding paperwork, who was replaced by the time we went to court - which was fortunate. We also have met a few families that also adopted from Tver that we met in our travels. Good luck and we look forward to hearing of the girls arrival in the US.

Uncle Kirk said...

Blogs are meant for ranting and raving! Go for it!

Corinne said...

Go right ahead and rant and rave !! I totally hear ya! Hope this is all they need from you so you can bring your girls home!

Rebecca said...

just letting you know we continue to hope & pray for you 2 and the girls. we'd love to meet you and meet up once they come home.