Monday, April 19, 2010

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming

After a more-than-somewhat bizarre week, we're back to what has become to feel like the norm. You got it...documents.

The Russian judge has asked for a few more "tweaks" to some of the documents we've filed. And you know what? After the brewhaha (I'm sure that's spelled wrong) of the last few weeks, I actually don't blame her. We're making two new requests for Kansas Bureau of Investigation background checks due to a notary/apostille request and have a few tweaks to make to two documents that have been problematic all along - not because of their contents but because of their formatting. I'm dealing with a major bank in regard to the mortgage letter and I'm going to try once again to get them to give me the information we need in the somewhat non-standard way the judge has requested she receives it. Wish me luck. I'll likely tackle that mountain tomorrow.

And, I need "our" notary (you know who you are!) to do two cover documents for our FBI background checks - turns out we need that second set after all to save us some time! This one deals entirely with changing one word on the notary cover sheet - replacing "original" with "copy" even though the documents are originals. Strange. But, now we're back to saying, "Whatever it takes to get the girls...." so we'll do it.

Hopefully we can get this all in soon so it can be reviewed in Russia. Fingers crossed.

Thanks to all for the positive feedback on the article featuring us on the Kansas City Star. It surprisingly landed on the front page!

1 comment:

amy said...

I'm thinking of y'all and hope your judge stops asking for more docs ~ you must be beyond frustrated.

Interesting you saw the US Embassy in Moscow issued 9 adoption visas today... there were 7 families and 9 kids there today :) Where by chance did you see that? I would love to keep up on the number of visas issued.

Sending prayers your way!!!