Saturday, January 2, 2010

The refreshing view ahead

Happy New Year, all. This year so far is an amazing one for us - since we have such an incredible view ahead of us. While we have wonderful memories in late December 2009, meeting the girls, 2010 is the year that's occupying our imaginations and hearts. We do have a court date NEXT MONTH and, if all goes well, this spring should be a wonderful, strange, unbelievable, life-changing and surreal time for all of us!

I usually find myself somewhat  melancholy at this time of year, because I've felt that while we've made such progress and have been on our journey together, me and this wonderful man beside me on the couch as I type, my feet tucked under him, there was always the "but" hanging there. But we didn't really know where our adoption journey was leading. But we didn't really have any news. But we couldn't really plan because everything was so wide open.

But...this year? This year is different! We know two real girls. We love two real girls. We dream of two real girls and imagine them here, at home, with the dogs (yeah, that's going to be its own adventure!) and us. The future that before held so many possibilities still seemed somewhat like a void. Now? Just full of real possibilities, if that makes any sense.

Our 2010 is shaping up to be the year dreams come true. May the same be true for you!


9 comments:

Traci said...

I have to say that my heart is genuinely very happy for you guys. It appears that two little girls are going to be very lucky to have such a loving couple to share their lives with. I wish you a wonderful adventure for 2010... Thank you for sharing! =)

Jodi said...

*tearing up over here*

I'm so happy that it's all finally within reach for you. Can't wait to meet your new additions!

amy said...

Happy New Year and congrats on the court date!!! SUCH good news!

Anonymous said...

It will be a blink of an eye before you will be on your way to bring them HOME! Can't believe we will get them meet them soon :)
-Hannes

Unknown said...

Exciting times to be sure!

Anonymous said...

YAY!! Can't wait to meet your 2 little ones!

Am so glad things are looking so positive as we head into the new year---you guys deserve it!

Love,
Sarah & Grady

Tiff said...

Hurry up court date! We're praying all goes well and wishing that you can bring the girls home quick! Also, if your dogs are anything like our beagle, Marli, they will LOVE the girls! I think Marli thinks she's the Mom, really! :)

Todd and Jana said...

Awesome news!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I've love reading your posts as we are in the process of adopting a little boy from the Smolensk region. So glad to hear things are going smoothly for you!! Thanks for sharing!