Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A court date? Perhaps!

I think we received our court date today - Feb. 18. We received the list of documents from the judge in Tver (only a few new ones beyond the ones I knew I needed to finish which I couldn't get done in the 6.5 business days in between our referral, travel invitation and when we left!) and it said to have the documents submitted by that date. I took that to mean that if we got the documents in then, the judge would then assign a court date.

However, our fellow adoptive parent, T, who was in Tver with us and met her son (who is 1 today! Happy birthday, A!) at the same time we met our girls, e-mailed me today saying she'd gotten her list of documents and a court date of...Feb. 18. She had the same question I did and was able to get in touch with one of our agency's on-the-ground-in-Russia contacts and she confirmed that if T's documents are complete that Feb. 18 would indeed be her court date.

I've e-mailed our contact and have asked her to confirm that if we get our docs done our court date will indeed be Feb. 18, but it's looking good. Now if I can just crank through what I hope are our final, final, final documents...I can do it...I can do it...

6 comments:

Wendi and Terry said...

Yeah, that is so quick - woo hoo! I can't wait to see pics of your beautiful girls. In our region we have to submit all of our paperwork before we get assigned a court date. Even though we haven't been on Trip #1 yet we are working on our court documents.

GuinnessandKillian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Troy and Rachel said...

That's fantastic and so fast - it really makes the wait for court so much better to have that date already in your head!!! Keep us posted on the document collection!

Shelly and Steve said...

Holly!!! Thats great!! I'm liking the way Tver has you pretty much complete dossier #2 BEFORE you go on trip 1 so your turn around is very quick. How wonderful! Guess it wouldn't have helped though in our case as its not our dossier papers or the judge that is holding things up, shes just not a Russian citizen yet, and thus can't be "processed" fora Russian adoption...hmmm.

Anyway, I'm sooooo excited for you! You've barely had time to catch your breath and recover from jet lag and now you get to prepare to go back....YES.

Unknown said...

Best of luck, Holly and Brian!

wedreambig.shutterfly.com said...

You can do it! Get that paperwork done! I wish I could help you!!! You're so close to getting your kiddos! LUL!