It's been good to get back in the routine of home. We both were back at work today, though my office is very, very quiet with lots of folks out this week. I've enjoyed being in control of our own food and tonight will be making meatloaf, mashed pots and a green bean dish.
Here are the promised pics! See? We WERE there!
Us in Red Square, with the famous St. Basil's behind us
St. Basil's. It was really pitch black, though this looks like blue sky. Very small in the lower left is a bride and groom! We hear Red Square is the place to go in Moscow for wedding pics.
It still seems surreal that we were there!
Us still in Red Square with the Kremlin and Lenin's Tomb behind us.
Lenin's Tomb without us in front of it (again, it was pitch dark!). It wasn't open or we could have seen his preserved body. I'm kind of glad it was closed!
We did see other non-Red Square sights, but these are the most recognized spots in Moscow from our tour. We had a good time and even stopped at a hospitality spot that offered shots of vodka to us, which warmed us up on that cold, cold night!

6 comments:
Looks like you all had so much fun! We are heading over there in two weeks - can't wait to see the sights and meet our precious angel!
How cool!! Yes, seems kinda surreal I agree. I'll have to enjoy your moscow pics as we won't be travelling thru there.
And food from HOME is great too. When we got home, of all things, we were craving cheap hard-shell tacos!!
Great pics!
What an experience! Your pictures are amazing and my offer still stands to make you a shutterfly book of them all! Love ya!
Hey guys,
I love your pictures and following along with your story. My wife and I adopted from Tver in 2005 and shared many of your same experiences. We're adopting again from Russia -- this time we've been assigned to the Pskov region. We've got our first bunch of documents in and are waiting for "the call." Good luck to you as you move forward.
Great pictures! Thanks for sharing them!
Post a Comment