Friday, April 3, 2009

Working on it

I'm feeling a little bit better, though still entirely out of control of most aspects of my life. I'm determined to not "ruin" time that Brian and I have together, alone, in this part of our life, but I told him last night that I can't promise that I won't get sad, frustrated or just plain bitchy about it all occasionally - but the key is occasionally. And, while we can't plan a trip like we normally would or have anything specific on the calendar, we can enjoy being together and doing little things every once in a while, like going out to dinner or finding some new activity locally to take advantage of. So, I'm trying.

And, another positive, the longer the wait is, the more money I can save from the toy store part-time gig. If I'm forced to constantly find positives, I'll add this to the list.

3 comments:

Kim said...

YES! That is exactly how I am looking at the wait these days - more time to save!

It is okay to feel all those emotions, we all do. I do not think an adoption would be normal if we didn't.

Alison said...

You should have a big garage sale...in your free time :)
That will keep you busy for a week...not to mention add $ to the fund!!

Unknown said...

Have a great weekend, Manjo!