I've never had a kid before, so I've never bought kid things before. We've discovered something that, for us, is difficult to find, and I never thunk it...
A rug.
For a kid's room.
Very few, apparently, exist in Kansas City. Maybe we're strange in that our kid's room has hardwood floors and everyone else in the world has carpet? We spent Sunday going to carpet, home decorating and children's stores looking for area rugs in general and an oval rug specifically. We saw maybe 8 area rugs in general and no oval ones at all, so the hunt continues. We've got a few more places on our list and I have found some online, I'm just hesitant to buy one without seeing it and feeling it, but I suppose if return policies are good we'll take the plunge.
I cannot believe I'm to the point of blogging about area rugs. Life, help me out with some good, exciting posts!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
If I ran a rug store, our slogan would be "We've got ya covered."
We were looking for a large kid's area rug for our front room, and also found that there just aren't many out there! How strange!
Ikea. I kid you not- we had the same trouble when we furnished the kids' room and we finally found one there. They are not the most top notch rugs in the whole world but trust me, your child will make it dirty in no time so it is better to have on you can just vacuum and call good. :)
Oy, that's almost impossible. I second the Ikea idea. We've also bought area rugs for the boys' rooms from Garnet Hill and Company Store. Sometimes Bed Bath & Beyond or Home Decorators Collection have a limited selection.
OMG, we had the exact same problem!! Then the issue is finding the color and pattern you want!! We ended up settling on one from Hobby Lobby...
Good luck!!
Pottery Barn Kids used to have some pretty oval rugs. A friend of mine got a very pretty one there, on sale (bonus!).
Post a Comment