When you're actively trying to conceive, there is such a thing as the 2-week wait - that time after ovulation but before you can get confirmation that you're pregnant. Even though the 2-week calendar is exactly the same number of days during that wait as it is every 2-week period, it seems so lllllllllloooooooonnnnnnnggggg. It has been so nice since we decided to adopt and exit the "actively trying" rollercoaster to not count the days on the calendar.
That having been said, I feel like we've been in the midst of an endless 2-week wait. That wait - this time around for our coveted I171-H document from the federal government - is becoming mind-numbingly frustrating.
At least during the 2-week wait, you knew that if you weren't pregnant, sometime within the 2 weeks you would KNOW you're not pregnant - you knew that within that 2 weeks you'd have an answer.
Waiting for this flipping piece of paper is so frustrating since I have no idea when it will come. I was really OK for the first three or four weeks, but now I'm just getting antsy. I can't finish the rest of my paperwork that we need to submit to Russia before we can get a region assignment until we get the I171-H. And, yes, I know that adoption is all about waiting and that there's likely lots and lots more waiting ahead, but I feel like this waiting is now delaying our later waiting, if that makes any sense!
So, send any wish you'd like into the universe that we get our paperwork back from the feds before we hit the 6-week mark next Wednesday.
Friday, November 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Ugh...I hate waiting!!!
It will come soon, I bet!
Bummer!! Waiting is the worst part!! I am currently waiting on finger print results from the FBI...it is a wonder criminals ever get caught given how LLLOOONNNGGG it takes to get fingerprints!!
I know exactly what you mean! Waiting on other people to get things done for you stinks, especially the government because they are a special brand of slow. :) We finally gave up on adoption #1 and called the office. The lady said "time on the phone is time away from my job" and would not answer our question. However, we got it 2 days later. Nice.
Kim
Post a Comment