I had the opportunity today to attend (for free) what was called a "motivational seminar" here in Kansas City. Better yet, a co-worker I really enjoy was going to, so I got to hitch a ride with him downtown and hang out with him during the seminar.
While some of the seminar - which was HUGE, by the way, with more than 20,000 at the Sprint Center and others at a satellite location in Raytown - was a blatant sales pitch by speakers peddling their wares (or trying to get you signed up for other seminars for an amazingly low price only available to you today that is usually thousands of dollars!), there were a number of truly motivational speakers with wonderful words.
One I'd heard before, Gen. Colin Powell. He was just as incredible today as the first time I heard him speak. The other I hadn't heard before, but really enjoyed - Rudy Giuliani. Regardless of party affiliation, political views or policy agreement, I don't think you can argue that both men are incredible leaders, and hearing them speak was definitely a worthwhile way to spend my day.
Oh, and KU basketball coach Bill Self and KC Chiefs player Tony Gonzales weren't bad either!
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That conference was just in Nashville!! My husband went to see it and loved it. Of course the TN basketball coaches were at his. :)
Kim
Post a Comment