Thursday, August 14, 2008

Today's guest stars - Guinness and Killian!

I was talking the other day about needing to add some pics of our doggies to the blog - so today's post will be all about our awesome, incredible, wonderful, quirky, crazy and freakshow dogs - also known as Guinness Stout and Killians Irish Red.

Before Brian and I got together, I adopted my first Greyhound, the amazing Baileys Irish Cream. Eventually I "foster failed" on a dog who was living with Bailey and me while he awaited his forever home - only to discover that he was already home! My shining-star boy, Reagan, wasn't here with me long but he remains in my heart. Guinness joined Bailey and me after Reaggae went to the Rainbow Bridge - and the second Brian walked into the house to pick me up for our first date, those dogs were his as much as they were mine.

Our Bailey had to leave right after our wedding in 2005 - I picture her with Reagan and the other amazing Greys who joined our family through my parents (Penny Smiles, Danny Boy, Hershey Kisses, Phoenix Risen, Ladybug, Man, and our forever-missed little black lab mix, Sydney) and I have absolutely no doubt I'll see them all again someday.

Killian joined our family after Bailey left, when Guinness made it clear that he needed another strong female around - and, if truth be told, so did Brian and I. Killian fit the bill perfectly! Today they are their own wonderful creatures. Killian is currently carrying mouths-full of dog food either to the couch, which she jumps on and then eats the food kibble by kibble, or to the guest room (eventual baby room) where she follows the same routine, just on a bed. Oh, wait, now she's exhausted and after looking out "her" big front picture window she's settled down on the couch with one toy at her head and the other at her tail.

What of Guinness, you ask? He's happy as a clam on the doubled-up huge dog beds from Mammers (aka my Mom). He is basking in the fact that the windows are open and there's a lovely breeze in the house - honestly. Seriously. I'm not joking. I know, it's August in Kansas City, who am I fooling? But it really is incredible out there right now! Oh, wait...now he's making his move to the toy bin!

OK...enough rambling. Here are some photos of today's stars. Pay no attention to the floor in some of these shots - there might be dirty carpet or unfinished hardwood floors. I promise they look INCREDIBLE now!


















2 comments:

Nancy said...

Those dogs are absolutely precious!

Anonymous said...

They're beautiful in the pictures but even more stunning in real life. Early Happy Birthday! 38 is not really that different from 37. 39 is going to be creepy. :) Love ya, Julie