Good adoption stuff happened last week, but I'll be honest to say that that was one week I'm happy to leave behind.
I caught a bug - a bad case of the adoption blues. It's bound to happen from time to time (or at least I tell myself so), but I didn't like this bug at all and hope that its visits to our house are few and far between. I have far better things to be spending my energy on!
I'm not sure what set me off - hormones, the calendar ticking toward my 38th birthday - but I'm glad to be on the backside of an emotionally challenging week.
Don't get me wrong - I'm still thrilled to the marrow about our adoption. I think maybe after my home study interview I just got a bit irked that we have to do SO much for to build our family when other people sneeze and it happens. And I know that we'll have a significant story, that this is the way that it was supposed to be - I truly, honestly feel that. But, I think I just got a bit blue that so many other people get a say in our story, that we are, in many ways, so dependent on other people to help make this happen.
But...enough of that! I'm determined to ride this roller coaster back to the TOP of a wonderful peak with vistas and heart-stopping views and panoramas. And I'll work hard to try to remember that the dips in the ride are as much a part of the ride as anything. You can't get that amazing excited feeling without the ups and the downs. Help me remember that when I need to, OK?
Saturday, August 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh, Holly!!! Hop back on that roller coaster, girl!! Unfortunately the roller coaster ain't really that fun but at least it is a roller coaster with a purpose and it is going somewhere other than the same place it started!
Holly--I think all adoptive parents share those same feelings from time to time. Normal and it completely sucks! I hope this is a great week for you!
Post a Comment