So, while it's not overwhelmingly massive, I'm excited about an update I received today! Our social worker has assigned our case to a contract social worker and we can get things moving! Our main social worker (let's call her Social Worker A) told us when we met with her in June that she was looking for a contract social worker to help with international home studies because her current contract worker had just been tapped to lead the local office of...our adoption agency! We were in a bit of a holding pattern until the new social worker was determined, since Social Worker A's schedule was so full.
So now I have a real live person with a name who is supposed to get with me to schedule our interviews and the home study (let's call her Social Worker B). Hooray! I was trying to feel really calm about it all and was doing pretty well, but every day that went by increased my potential to go absolutely insane with not being able to DO anything. But, with the introduction to Social Worker B, I was reminded that sometimes things ARE "doing" ... I just don't always see it first hand!
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Woohoo for Social Worker B!! Isn't it wonderful when things finally get to movin'??!!
YAY! Glad things are moving!
Post a Comment