Wednesday, July 16, 2008

From my document storage box to her desk: Home study paperwork submitted!

Sigh of relief from this end - I've (finally!) dropped off our home study paperwork at our social worker's office. The only tiny pieces missing are Brian's TB test and his doctor's appointment. But, those aren't mandatory for being able to schedule our interviews and the home visit, so I went ahead and took the completed paperwork by this afternoon. I figured we didn't do them all to have them sit on our dining room table (and I did finally get the banking information after repeatedly following up).

While I did expect confetti to burst from the ceiling as the social worker's office erupted in excited congratulations (not really, but it's kind of a nice fantasy), I received a very nice, "OK. Thank you!" as the representative behind the desk took my well organized paperwork out of the clear plastic document box/storage container thing. I wanted to say, "Oh, be careful, our pictures are going to fall out!" and then figured that the nice lady knew what she was doing and that I didn't need to pepper her with questions about what happens next and when I'll hear from them again and how it goes from here and on and on.

Then I came home and e-mailed the social worker. I'm trying...honestly, but I couldn't help myself!

My hope is that the answer is that we can schedule our individual interviews and home study visit and at least have them on the calendar. We'll see if that's anywhere near to reality.

I have to say thanks to all who exclaimed "No way!" when I mentioned my upcoming 20-year high school reunion (and to my friends who didn't take umbrage when I called them old...I'm sure they know that I mean old as in from my high school years and not old as in "oh, my hip...which I have been saying, by the way). It's hard for me to believe it's been 20 years. I'm not sure if I'd have believed you on a lot of fronts if you'd told me then where I'd be now and what I'd be doing...but there's no place I'd rather be or nothing I'd rather be doing!

No comments: