Tuesday, July 22, 2008

We're reunited!

The 20th high school reunion extravaganza weekend drew to a close on Sunday. What a strange, fun, awkward and bizarre trip down memory lane! We had a BBQ at our house on Friday evening for some of my friends and their families, then the big event was on Saturday (where there were 3, count 'em, 3, people beyond the Friday crew that I really cared to talk to and catch up with!); after the reunion our group went to a bar by the high school and chatted. Another BBQ Sunday afternoon at a friend's parents house here in the area was the last official reunion weekend event and then Brian and I came home and crashed (he also had to work most of the day on Saturday).

It was great to reconnect with friends who knew me back in the day and we had a fun time quilting all of our memories together. We're scattered hither and yon these days (Atlanta, Virginia, Wichita) so it was great to have them all in town and to do the "remember whens".

But, what was better was learning about my friends as who they are now - about their significant others, their livelihoods, their kids, their current hopes, dreams and challenges. As much as I liked them all in high school I have to say I'm even happier with and more proud of them all now!

Adoption-wise our reference letters are hitting the mailboxes of friends and family - thanks to all who have graciously accepted this challenge! Please let us know if there is ANYTHING you need from us to make your task easier!

I'll keep you posted about any other updates!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I went to my 10 year reunion 7 years ago (or was it 8?) and it was interesting.