We are SOCLOSE to having all of the home study paperwork done. At this point I'm considering waiting until we have every last piece of paper, but knowing me I'll take our stuff over to the social worker's office on Wednesday so we can maybe use what we have to get some meetings scheduled - because the stuff we need for that part is definitely done!
I posted an update to my last post after Brian picked up the computer and started writing his autobiography. He finished it up yesterday morning. Our approaches were SO different and our autobiographies SO different as a result! He was deliberate, thoughtful, serious. I was casual, quick and wrote off-the-cuff. I think his is better; he thinks mine is better. Maybe this is a perfect example of how (and why!) we get along so well! It was like that old story about the lady cutting her hair to buy her husband...what was it? Then he sold something that the what was it would be used for to buy her a comb for her hair. Maybe it was a chain for a watch that she was going to get and he sold the watch? You know the one I mean! ANYWAY I wrote in mine how I so wanted him to be a dad and he wrote in his about wanting me to be a mom -it again confirmed that we're doing the right thing since we were so on the same page, even as they were being written!
Today Brian got his fingers printed here in Shawnee - and, strangely, his experience was different from mine! I went on Thursday and had an officer who handled things one way; Brian went today and had one handle it totally differently! Go figure.
Now all we have left to do is get our bank to fax back the form I sent them about our money management (48-hour turnaround? Yeah, right.) and have Brian do his TB test and doctor's visit. But, like I said, those aren't deal breakers for us to be able to get some visits scheduled.
This week also brings my...SIGH...20-year high school reunion. We're having a group of my old friends over on Friday evening and then the reunion itself is Saturday. I was going to pass on this one, but my friends are actually GOING to this one, when they didn't for the 10th (though I did, hence my reticence to go to this one!) Brian's looking forward to meeting these people I talk about and seeing the folks I went to high school with. I'm just hoping the $108 we paid for heavy appetizers means I can pile a plate of food up and get our money's worth. Wish us luck!
Monday, July 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Wow Holly! You do not look like you graduated high school 20 years ago!! I need to know what products you use!!!
A. Ray. I like you more and more! I sure don't feel old enough to be "celebrating" my 20-year reunion. Brian and I didn't meet until I was 33 and didn't get married until I was 35 - and I was already "of advanced maternal age." Now 2 years into this infertility fiasco I'm 37 turning 38 next month - which is why we just jumped into the adoption journey. We knew there would be waiting involved and wanted to wait during a process and not to wait to start a process. I really don't know how I can be 20 years out of high school! Maybe I'm staying young because of my younger husband - 8 years younger! :)
I was going to complain about being one of those "old" high school friends, but I guess I AM 6 months older than you. ha!
Can't wait to see you on Friday! What can we bring?
Love ya, Julie
"Old" friends? Hmm... I guess I AM 6 months older than you. :) Glad to know that we're going to be together at this crazy reunion. Brad Hipp & I have been emailing & he's decided to come too. Weird, wild, wacky stuff! What can I bring to the BBQ? Love ya!
I agree--no way you are at 20 years out of high school!
Glad you are getting closer to the homestudy being over!!!
Post a Comment