This is such a numbers game!
We have 4 fertilized embryos (aka embies) that are doing their thing in a nice warm external incubator. Of the 15 eggs they retrieved yesterday, 12 were acceptable for fertilization (the 3 others were either overly mature or immature). Four of those 12 have fertilized normally, and my ET (embryo transfer) has been scheduled for Thursday to get the embies back with me.
Every step of this is a nerve-wracking rollercoaster ride - but that's what I expected. Brian and I had hoped that of the mature eggs they retrieved that 1/2 would fertilize normally - and that would have been 6. So, I'm not going to be upset with 4 - because that's close to 6! And, it's about quality and not quantity, so if our winner is in there, we're good!
So, now we wait until Thursday when we'll learn the "grade" of the embies and we'll decide with our doctors how many to "put back." Our goal has been to transfer some and be able to freeze others for a later cycle or in case we're unsuccessful, so we'll have to wait and see what we decide to do on Thursday! I asked if they could check on the embies tomorrow to see how they were doing, but they don't like to disturb them as they continue to "chug along." We'll keep them tucked in their warm, dark place until Thursday!
I did learn that I "had the prettiest eggs" the embryologist worked with this cycle of IVF'ers - tee hee!
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
WOO HOO! Go pretty embies! I'm so happy for you :) Love you!
Post a Comment