Greetings all from the now-eggless Holly. My egg retrieval is complete - and they expertly got 15 eggs from Holly's follies. I'm SO relieved this part is over! The procedure was absolutely fine; the sleepy-time meds they gave me worked really well and did the trick! I was, however, pretty nervous, just because of the unknown.
We got to the hospital at 6:30 and were leaving by about 8:30. I was afraid the meds wouldn't put me to sleep, but boy, did they! The doc did his part and we're all happy with the results. Later today the embryologist will do his part in fertilizing any mature eggs (we're doing a procedure where the sperm are injected directly into the egg, to increase the odds of successful fertilization); we should get a call by about noon tomorrow to let us know how they are doing. We could learn then, too, when we'll transfer the embryos back to my natural incubator - much of the timing depends on the numbers and how the doctors are feeling about how the embryos are developing.
Now I'm going to go make a couple of pieces of toast, turn on the heating pad and cuddle down, knowing that we've passed another important milestone and that, physically, things should be easier from here on out. Emotionally and mentally? Well that's a whole other story!
I'll post again with any updates!
Monday, January 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Congrats!! 15 is a really good solid number to start with - sending good fert vibes your way and lots of grow and divide vibes for the days ahead!! ;) Christine
That's fan-freakin-tastic! We are so excited for you, and even though I have no idea what most of this means, we'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers for much success in this exciting time!!
-Amy
Post a Comment