There was a brief moment of panic when the IVF nurse called with my bloodwork (when they start with, "Well, I have some information for you..." I always think the worst!) but all is fine - and we get to take the next step in the "stim" journey a day early - we start tomorrow!
I went in at 8 this morning for an ultrasound (to make sure all internal systems were go!) and a blood draw to check an important hormone level. The ultrasound was great, the blood draw went quickly and I was out by 8:15!
The labwork shows that my hormone level in question was 3 points higher than they like - they like it at 75 or below and mine was 78. But, the nurse quickly said, "The doctor said no problem, we're just going to start your stims a day early." The hormone in question essentially recruits follicles/eggs, so to speak, so they want to make sure we artificially recruit multiple follicles/eggs before nature kicks in.
So, Holly-who-likes-to-get-going-on-things gets to get going on things a day early! We'll start the stims tomorrow with some other good-for-me-easy-to-swallow meds. My next appointment is Tuesday to see how my body is responding.
I can already tell that our decision to have me take time off from work during this process is the right one. If I were at work I'd be distracted and stressed that I was at work; I know that relaxing, thinking positive thoughts and snuggling with my puppies is the right thing for me to be doing! Plus, tomorrow I'm going to try to learn to knit!
Signing off for now, but keep checking back - I'll let you know how the "stimming" goes! Thanks, all!
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment