Sunday, January 13, 2008

Hello, from the human pin cushion

Just wanted to say hello to anyone out there. Things are going well here...I think. I'm eager for a doctor's appointment on Tuesday to see if we can see any follicles growing and/or check in on how the stims are affecting my body.

It's amazing how the double shots each evening (wait...that phrase just took be back to college for a different kind of shot! I wish!) really feel like double shots! I thought I was a rock star when we were "just doing the Lupron" shots. They weren't too bad. Then we added the stim shots - and there's far more of the medicine going in so it takes a bit longer - we do it second, right after the Lupron and I want to say, "Hey! Wait! I just had a shot!"

But, then I think about why we're doing this, and if it works (remember, fingers, eyes, toes crossed everyone!) it will so be worth it. Plus, I've added in some really nice "treats" for myself during the day. I have an IVF-specific meditation CD that I love (I've never done anything like that and find it really helps focus me on good thoughts) and wonderful other treats like a special lotion or a nice candle.

OK, my quick hello turned longer than I expected! Just wanted to say hello to you all and let you know that we're hanging in there. I'll post after my appointment Tuesday with any news!

No comments: