Yes, you'll notice that I didn't get around to the holiday pics yet. My bad in breaking a promise. I'll "blame" it on Brian - as in we don't get to see him tons and we got to spend ALL DAY Sunday with him and I didn't get to it because I wanted to be with the fam!
Today was the first snow day for us here. Leah's in a pre-K program through our school district and they called off classes today due to our first significant snowfall. We got around 6 inches, we're guessing, here at home. Even though she's only in school 3 hours a day it still felt like a holiday today and it felt like a new mom milestone to have a snow day!
I made some homemade biscuits for breakfast and we ate them warm with honey. The girls got bundled up and went out; Hope isn't so much a snow fan but Leah loves it. There was hot chocolate after and then leftover homemade soup for lunch. It snowed pretty much all day; we bundled up later and I hit the driveway with the shovel and the girls "helped"; there was more hot chocolate and some Christmas candy (with a 1/2 apple each, lest you think they didn't get anything really good for them!) They've called off classes for tomorrow already; the windchill is supposed to get wicked bad. We'll see if I have to do any errands or if we can just huddle. I'm going to count myself incredibly lucky for any day that I get to say that and do that.
While there still aren't holiday pics, here are a few pics of our little bundled-up girls in their first US snow and hot chocolate. They eventually got smaller more kid-appropriate cups but I thought it was cute giving them "Mama's coffee mugs".
Monday, January 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment