Sunday, September 19, 2010

Finally some new pics!

Oh, bad Mama. I didn't take any pictures at all between Sept. 7 and Sept. 18! Bad, bad Mama! To give myself credit, first the camera needed to be charged which means getting the battery out, charging it and putting it back in...and such acitivity can be monumentally huge when you're still trying to settle into a routine! But Bri was around yesterday so while the girls were "helping" me make some banana bread with some overripe bananas I was able to holler for him and he was able, with non-mashed-banana hands, to put the battery in and take some pics.

Here are their first "beaters" - how about some brown sugar and butter! Leah liked it so much she decided to dip her licked beater into the egg mixture, saying, "More, Mama!" We caught her before she took a big lick of raw egg. :) (She's also a bit dirty from hot dogs at lunch; we seriously don't know how she got mustard and ketchup as many places as she did!)






You probably think, "Pull that girl's hair out her eyes!" Most days I pull it back with an elastic band but some days it is just so cute and curly that I can't bear to do that! Yesterday we had a clip in it that pulled it back but the clip would magically be gone as she'd pull it out; we'd replace it and do it all over again and again!

Bri and I have both been wanting Sheridan's frozen custard since we returned home a month ago and finally were able to go yesterday. The girls thought it was pretty yummy - though Hope wasn't quite sure about the cone.

We think we might be starting the see the beginnings of some additional adjustments and are very glad that the routine is becoming more routine. Leah continues to simply ADORE school and Hope and I are finding all sorts of things to do together while she's gone. We miss her and are glad when we pick her up but know while she's gone that she's not missing us at all, in a good way!

Today will be a big day as we've got our church services and then a celebration of our church's 60th anniversary. We're headed to a special luncheon and think we just might see some video of ourselves in the special anniversary video! Our pastor, Heather, came to speak with us shortly after the girls came home. Our church has been so incredibly supportive of us throughout this process. Everyone loved the girls before we brought them home and since we've been home have been nothing but helpful and welcoming. After the luncheon celebration we'll head home to enjoy a Sunday late afternoon and evening.

Until later! I'll try to take more pics! Promise!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Great pictures! I'm not as good as taking pictures frequently anymore either...I used to take them every single day, but now sometimes a week or more will go by without taking any.

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! It is so cool that she is speaking english "more Momma"!

Becky

Anonymous said...

Two cutest girls ever! :o)

Up for lunch?

Sarah