Monday, July 19, 2010

Overjoyed for friends

After enduring an absolutely unfathomable wait for a court date, our friends Shelly and Steve have FINALLY gotten a court date and get to go back to Russia to see their Little Miss! To say their wait has been long is an understatement. Shelly's strength has been amazing. While I know it has been so, so difficult on her, she was still so positive for us every time any good thing happened and provided so much support to me, even when her own heart was breaking.

When I found out her good news I burst into tears, got goosebumps and texted Brian. Their region is all the way across the huge Russian country from ours, but we're going to be in Russia at the same time - their court date will be just before we receive the girls' Russian passports and head from our region to Moscow for visas and the trip home! Every time we're there I tell Shelly I say a prayer just for her, and now we'll be looking at the moon from the same country!

I'm off to find my tissues now. Hooray!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know shelly but want to send good thoughts to their way! Cudos to all couples that goes through this incredible journey...your babies will be forever thankful for your unconditional love.
Love,
Hanne's

Shelly and Steve said...

Ahhhhhh thanks Holly!!!! I know we still have to get thru court, but I feel I can better celebrate with you now as you near getting those girls home. I have been sooooo happy for you, but obviously I've been very down about our own case to say the least. BUT NOW I'm just gonna be OVER THE MOON thrilled for us all and think nothing but positive thoughts as we near court. I still reeling from the news :o)

Wooooooooo Hoooooooooo!!!!!!