Thursday, July 29, 2010

A day for the ages

I don't have much time to post a long entry; more will follow tomorrow. Let me just say I'm sitting on the floor with a tiny lamp on trying to get this posted because I know so many of you are eager to meet...our daughters! They, and Brian, are sleeping right now but I worry that I'm tempting the fates with even my quiet clickety-clack of the keyboard. So, for now....

Leah Dorothy was born Aug. 4, 2006, and Hope Elizabeth on July 9, 2007. We are tucked into our hotel room and things went WONDERFULLY (again, more details later). Now we wait here for their Russian passports. We filed a "please speed up the process" document yesterday, but it could be mid-August before we have them in hand.

Here are a few pics. I promise more when everyone's awake! It's going on 1:20 a.m. here and I hope I can go back to sleep! I wonder if a toilet flush is going to wake everyone up?


Leah Dorothy (3 for a few more weeks)


Hope Elizabeth (just turned 3)


We LOVE Papa.


First van ride as a family (and with our new dolls)

17 comments:

Gloria said...

They are beautiful! Thank you for sharing! Can't wait to read more about them and see more pictures! Congrats to all four of you!!!!

Unknown said...

They are adorable...such big happy smiles! A million congratulations from the Bryans!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely stunning. Together at last, hoot hoot!! I teared up reading this, I love a happy ending (I guess it's a beginning, too)!!
Love from the Schroeder's!

Tracey and Chuck said...

Oh my gosh......finally they are with you!!! They are both stunning....absolutely gorgeous!!! Can't wait to see full family pictures and hear more about your "Gotcha Day".....update us as soon as you can!!!!

Happiness in Alabama for your family here tonight!!!!

Wendi and Terry said...

Simply beautiful...and so worth the wait! Congrats and welcome to mommyhood.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Shriner Family!!! We are so excited for you, many tears of joy... thanks so much for the pictures. We'll check the blog every day, like we've been doing for the past week or so.
Lots of love,
Julie

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Shriner Family!!! We are so excited for you, many tears of joy... thanks so much for the pictures. We'll check the blog every day, like we've been doing for the past week or so.
Lots of love,
Julie

Jodi said...

Hey, I just realized Eli and Hope are only like 10 weeks apart! We have kids the same age!!!

Anonymous said...

Them two are amazingly CUTE. Those smiles just melts you heart instantly....I can imagine they already got you two wrapped around their little fingers!! heehee.

Welcome to parenthood. Cherish every part of this incredible journey because babie just grow up way darn too fast.
Love,
Hanne's

T Shriner said...

The girls looks soooo happy! What lucky girls to have you both! So happy for your family.

Beth said...

They are SOOOOOO cute. Hope you get those passports soon so you can get those 2 cutties home.

Beth

Alison said...

I have been waiting for this post for so long!! So happy for yall!!

The girls are absolutely precious and I can't wait for more posts!!!

Anonymous said...

Words can not express how excited I am for all of you! The joy on their faces is priceless! I'm so thrilled for you Mom and Dad Shriner! The title of Mom and Dad is hard earned but soooo worth it!
Congrats again.
Becky

Maggie and Randy said...

They are just gorgeous!!! So happy for you family!!! Congrats!!!

Susan said...

I am beyond thrilled for all of you!! I know this has been such a long road for you and now that I see those beautiful girls, I can see where you got your strength to continue on like you did.

Again, I'm so happy for you all, congratulations!!

amy said...

YEAH!!! I am thrilled for y'all and holy cow, those 2 girls could not be more beautiful! I love their names and just can't wait to see more and more pictures :) CONGRATS Mommy & Daddy!!!

Anonymous said...

They are so beautiful!!!! Congratulations on your adoptions!
They look so happy - a perfect family. Enjoy Russia - it brings back so many great memories! I am green with envy!


Victoria