I'm stunned by the news that's been circulating about a mother and grandmother in Tennessee who put a 7-year-old the mother had adopted in Russia on a plane to Moscow, alone, with a letter essentially saying he was being returned.
Now the agency (not ours) has been suspended and Russian officials are calling for a freeze in all adoptions in progress until some kind of treaty or agreement can be worked out between the US and Russia. We have no idea at this point if anything will be put on hold but know that issues like this are huge in Russia.
I'd been having a tough 10 days or so anyway, as our personal situation has entirely stalled out. Now thoughts of this boy and this situation and what it could mean to those of us who truly believe in what we're doing are overwhelming on top of my own personal worry, stress and pain. I just don't understand how, even if things get horrible, you could ever think that that was an appropriate way to deal with it? I'm stumped.
I almost didn't post because I'm just so tired of the stress of it all but know that many are concerned for us, so I figured I'd better at least say something. I'll likely be quiet until we have any good news. Thanks for your good thoughts.
Friday, April 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
I hope there will be consequeneces for her action. You ever wonder if she thought how this will impact others.....craziness!!
Have you thought about what you want to plant this year??
Love,
Grace
Good grief. I saw this earlier and immediately thought of you guys. I am praying for you guys and for your precious girls...and for the many other families that this situation may impact.
Hang in there and keep us posted...
That is just a horrible story, and I hope you and Brian and other good, loving people who are in this process won't end up having to wait even longer for your kiddos to come home.
You guys are in my thoughts and prayers, lovely Neuman.
I am a single mom of two boys. One adopted from China 2 years ago and Jake who is from Russia and we have only been home together for 3 weeks. I just can not stop thinking about that mom and how she could do what she did I just can not imagine what that poor little boy was thinking. Any ways my thoughts and prayers are with you and all the other adoptive parents in the process of bringing their children home from Russia.
I know I am only one person but I just wanted to let you know I am going to contact my agency and see if there is any thing I can do to help. I think the press, tv and basically anyone who will listen at this time needs to hear a POSITIVE story about a russian adoption. I know I have only been home with my son for 3 weeks but I feel I need to do something to help all those who are waiting to bring their kids home and for all those children in the baby homes waiting to meet their forever families.
My prayers are with you and your girls and I hope you hear some positive news soon.
Beth
I know you are spinning right now wondering what/how is everything going to happen and how will it affect you.
We were caught up in the Harrison mess and it was our agency that did the adoption. We figured that they were coming up with a plan B and they did, thank goodness we didnt have to use it.
Listen to your agency...trust them, and try to not let all the "stuff" you see on FRUA get to you.
Sending you hugs and prayers.
Idiots. Just idiots. Love you guys. Sending you prayers.
Sarah
When I heard the news, my thoughts went out to you. I know you are good people and you will be taken care of!
Thoughts and prayers are going out to you and your family.
Becky
Prayers and good thoughts coming your way. You were the first one I thought of when I read the news. You don't have to keep the faith for a little while, I can keep it for you.
Holly and Brian,
I've been thinking about you since I heard the terrible story on the news. I'll keep thinking good thoughts and wishing all the best for you and the girls. Hugs...Donna B.
Hey guys keep your chins up! We visited our kids in early May and did not get back to court until October...Over 5 months...you will get there.
Post a Comment