I have to thank my fellow Russian adoptive bloggers for reminding me of something very important: we are not alone.
While I find it so sad for all of us that we're waiting for court dates, I do find a sense of comfort in knowing that we, the two of us tucked into our home, really aren't alone. Other people went to Russia in December to meet their children and are still waiting, just like us. I am such a worrier that I was beginning to think there was something scary-wrong with our specific situation. But there's not.
I will try try try to remember the advice of many, that families have walked our path and now hardly remember it. I will try to believe that this endless procession of precious days without them is a short time in two girl's lives. I will attempt to attempt.
And the whole time I'll remember that others are doing the same, and while I don't like that any of us have to do it, I will feel better that we are not alone.
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Holly, you are so so right. I know I've felt sooo often like our case is unique and terrible (which it kinda IS) but each family has their own challeges and they still bring home their children. Ours is taking longer, but our little girl WILL still make it home to us (thinking positive!!) Somehow knowing you experienced the same delays and frustrations with the FBI makes me feel a bit better. I really appreciate your comment on our blog. Even if our cases are unique, we ARE in this together!!! Hugs!
Yep, you are not alone!!! I've now given up my hopes for bringing our cupcake home before her 1st birthday, before my 40th birthday, UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment