Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Russia! In December!

Russia to the Shriners: We invite you to come meet your official referrals, two beautiful little girls in Tver.

Shriners to Russia: We'll be THERE! Just name the dates!

Russia to the Shriners: How about you leave the United States on Saturday, Dec. 12 and arrive in Moscow on the 13th?

Us: Um, OK!

So, tonight was full of getting visa pictures taken and FedExing our important visa package off. Tomorrow we'll dive more deeply into travel dates. I also got a list of docs from our agency in Russia that we'll have to complete - and I really, really hope they have to be done before court and not trip 1, because we literally have SEVEN WORKING DAYS before trip 1.

In the verbiage of my adoption girlfriends, EEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK in the best possible ways!!!!!!!

12 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

WOO HOOO!! You know what - the papaerwork always pulls together at the last moment!

Congrats on your referrals and your travel dates!!

Melissa said...

Hi- This is my first time posting to your blog, I've been following you for a while, not sure how I found your blog , probably followed from another adoption blog. Exactly a year ago on your exact travel dates my husband and I were in Tver Russia meeting our beautiful little girls. They have been home almost 9 months now and it has been amazing. Tver is a tough paperwork region but every referal I have seen from there has been so great. Congratulations on your referals and I wish you the best. I had a blog: http://melissaandmichaelsjourney.blogspot.com/

that I wrote while in Tver that might be helpful to you in your travels. I stopped writing as soon as we got home though, as I had 2 toddlers running circles around me. Enjoy.
Congrats again.
Melissa (and Meredith & Danielle originally Masha & Dasha from Tver, Russia!)

Tracey and Chuck said...

YEAH!!!!! So excited for you guys!!!! What a wonderful Christmas it will be!!!!

Congratulations!!!!

Gloria said...

YEAH!!! Congrats! Can't wait to hear all about them!

Alison said...

I am so excited for you all!!!!
What an amazing Christmas gift!!!!

Iraida and Valeria Sofia said...

Yiiiiippppppppppeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!
Happy packing and safe travels.

Uncle Kirk said...

As they say, all good things come to those who wait and wait you have. Now your reward for all that waiting will be the greatest Christmas gift you could possibly receive. Anne and I are truly happy for you and hope that we'll be able to get down there next year to meet Brian and the "new" Shriners :-)

Jodi said...

So so so happy for you.

Todd and Jana said...

This is so AWESOME! I am so happy for you both:)

Unknown said...

Wow! Wow! All I can say is wow!

Jennifer Scott said...

Hw exciting. I stumbled across your blog and we just returned home with our son from Tver. If you have any travel questions, please let me know. Good luck.

Jennifer Scott said...

Yes Tver does require alot of paperwork. It is perfectly normal to be nervous. I was on our first trip, but it will all work out. We definitely hit some bumps along the way, but just remember the wonderful gift that awaits you at the end. Are you staying at the Hotel Osnabruk in Tver?