Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Puke, elation, puke, elation

I'm the poster child for manic these days. One moment I'm flying high, the next I'm overwhelmed and my stomach's doing flip flops!

On the done list: chest x-rays (laying on our dining room table), urine blood tests (clear), blood tests for HIV, syphillis, Hep A, B and C - all good, two of our three reference letters, our official housing letter, state of Kansas adoption laws, US immigration laws, employment confirmation letters, financial documents, our Tver power of attorney, flights booked (with seats assigned today!), visas ordered (hoping they arrive tomorrow), a few pieces of clothing and a new winter coat for Brian purchased, a partridge in a pear tree...and about a million other things.

Still to do: get a letter from our mortgage company saying we pay our mortgage, seeing if we can get our home deed, more medical, a psychiatric consult, finishing up about 5 documents with our home study agency, getting fingerprints for and submitting our FBI background check request, submitting our Kansas Bureau of Investigation background check, another trip to WalMart for various stuff, buying dry food stuffs to pack in our luggage to eat on instead of eating out (instant oatmeal, Cup-o-Noodles, etc.), going to Topeka to get documents apostilled, calling the credit card company to make sure that they know we're going to be using it in Russia, calling the bank to arrange for crisp, new bills to take to exchange for rubles...and about a million other things.

I think we can...I think we can...

4 comments:

Gloria said...

I know you can! I know you can! Thinking up you and hoping all will go well! Good Luck!!!! In the end, it is worth it!!!

Iraida and Valeria Sofia said...

Honestly, just reading your checklist gives me goosebumps. But believe me, when your are done, you will soon forget all about it.LOL

Unknown said...

Hang in there, kid!

Shelly and Steve said...

You had to do waaay more than we did for trip 1. I'm impressed....you'll be so far ahead of the game for trip 2 and will hopefully be planning for court before you know it!!! So very excited for you and keeping you in my thoughts.