Panic set in as news broke of the horrible shootings at Ft. Hood; Brian's Uncle Rick is employed there. I sent a panicked text message as the news was saying not to try to call cell phones. I was SO relieved when the phone rang and I heard Rick's voice. He was on base, in lock down, but was OK, though he did say he'd been somewhat close to some of the events. All I could tell him was that we loved him and were so overwhelmingly glad to know he was OK.
We're thinking of all of the friends and families who didn't hear their loved one's voice ont he end of the line yesterday; we're so, so sad and sorry for and with you.
Friday, November 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh my - I am so glad he was okay and you were able to get in touch with him. Praying for the other families.
Post a Comment