Monday, September 28, 2009

The great volunteer gourd (and miscellaneous doggies) (and miscellaneous miscellaneous)

I picked the volunteer gourd today and put it out front by a pot of mums. There were two on the vine that grew from the remnants of one of last fall's gazillion decorations that got tossed behind the backyard storage shed. The other one that was on the vine got eaten by creatures unknown - bug or bunny variety, we suspect.

While I'm happy to have gotten a nice surprise with our cute little pumpkin-thing, I'm kind of embarrassed to put it on the front porch. The nextdoor neighbor has a GINORMOUS pumpkin on theirs - and I mean GINORMOUS. I might try to sneak over for a picture to show you to prove what I mean. Here's our cutie, as well as our cuties.










Brian had a feeling that we'd get The Call in September but we only have two more days. I'd love it, but I'm not feeling it. I bought Where the Wild Things Are the other day to read to my poor, poor husband who claimed to have not known it. Tonight I was going through some of my old childhood books that are tucked in Baby Kiddo's room but had to stop because I was getting teary eyed. Not sure if it was because of my memories or because I was trying not to think about the fact that they're now in a loney, empty room. :(

1 comment:

Alison said...

Cute! I grew a sweet potatoe last year in similar fashion!!