Thursday, September 10, 2009

3 vs. 4

Our consultant called Monday saying that the Department of Education in Russia wanted to know if we wanted to "up" our home study paperwork to say that we'd be open to children under 4. Currently our paperwork says under 3.

After talking about it and listening to our guts, we decided that we'd stay with our 3 and under decision, at least for now. Apparently there is a possibility that some children older than 3 (but younger than 4) might be coming "available" in Smolensk soon.

One of the things I've learned over the last couple of years is that gut feelings are important - and ours, for now, are telling us to stay with 3 and under.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

WOW. At least this means the MOE is looking at your paperwork. The gut is a good thing to go with. :)

Alison said...

Way to stick with your gut!! I know that must have been a difficult decision.
That is great that they know you exist over there!!

Tracey and Chuck said...

I agree that you need to stick with your gut feelings!!!! Hang in there! Just think how wonderful it will be to be in Russia in the snow!:)

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good decision to me. Listen to your heart! (And your gut.)

Troy and Rachel said...

We orignally had 18 months and younger on our paperwrok but were asked to go to 3 and under. We ended up doing that and our son was 21 months at referral. I'm glad you stuck with your gut though - I believe I would not have gone higher than 3 either. Hopefully the MOE will see you mean business and give you a referral!