Well, it's another milestone of sorts - we've been officially waiting on The Call for six months. We were registered in our region of Smolensk in early February, and now that we're cranking through August, we've hit the six-month mark.
It gets hard for me to remember that this part of the wait has "only been" six months - because we've been trying for more than 3 years to have a baby, sometimes all of the time gets lumped together in my mind. I try to divide it all out into appropriate segments, but sometimes it's just like, "OK, it's been YEARS already!"
With the average wait time with our agency from registration to referral at 10 months, I have to think that we're more than halfway there? Right? And by halfway I mean halfway through our referral wait NOT halfway through the family-building journey. If we're only halfway through that I fear I'm sunk!
Monday, August 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Holly, trust me when I tell you (and you can ask your Mom and Dad to verify), you are NEVER through the family-building journey of life. Your children are your children for the rest of your life, no matter how old you or they are. And then come the grand kids and (hopefully we make it that far) great-grand kids :-)
Yes, more than halfway there!!!
Post a Comment