Friday, August 14, 2009

Frustating Day #2

I'm seriously beginning to worry about my brain and organizational skills. Usually I'm incredibly organized, anal even, and am on top of my game.

The last couple of days, not so much.

Today has been all about adoption documents. I got up early with Brian, hit the gym and did the elliptical and treadmill before returning home and getting ready to go get documents apostilled. I needed to go pick up docs at the social workers office, so I did that, dropped off the check for payment for said documents and the work behind them, and came home to check e-mail before driving to Topeka for apostilles.

I was headed to the highway when the phone rang. I'd forgotten to sign the check I'd dropped at the social workers office. And, as I hung up in frustration, I got to thinking about the photo page cover sheets in the social worker's docs...I didn't have the photo pages printed yet or attached to the cover/notarized sheet, and I got worried that the complete sets would need to be together or the apostille wouldn't be valid unless the apostille was attached to both the social workers document and the photo pages themselves.

So I turned around, came home and realized I could not print the photo pages here, since we're out of color ink. So, I put them on a flash drive, went to Office Depot, then hit the road.

I did have fun eating at a great Topeka drive-in, Bobo's (http://cjonline.com/news/business/2009-06-19/bobos_among_8_wonders_winners). I circled about 5 times before getting a parking spot; I got my grub to go and ate it in my car at the big park in town and watched the train carry kids and parents around, something I remember from my childhood.

The documents were apostilled - by the lovely Georgia, who I misidentified yesterday as Daisy. See what I mean about losing it a bit?

Then on my way home I realized I hadn't brought the FedEx envelope with me, so I had to come home, put the package together and go back out to drop off the FedEx envelope.

Oh, and then I had to go back to the social worker's office and sign the check. And then go to the grocery store. Then it was 5 o'clock and I couldn't go to the vet to get medicine for the fleas that poor Guinness is being annoyed by.

I'll second yesterday's RARGH with another!






1 comment:

Unknown said...

My gosh, this is exactly how I've been acting lately! Must be contagious.