We're still on track to get our registration documents to our agency prior them closing for Christmas - and getting those registration documents submitted by Christmas has been my goal since we started this crazy adventure!
Since receiving our coveted I171-H approval form (Brian finally pointed out that the paper had "Form - I171H" in really, really small font at the very bottom left corner of the page) I've been polishing our basic Russia registration paperwork - documents with titles like "Parent Post-Placement Agreement" and "Consular Registration." Our social worker's office had notarized some documents, but my trusty "personal" notary (my co-hort in MarCom crime, Susan) placed her official seal (well, stamp) on the rest of the documents yesterday.
Our adoption consultant is checking those docs one more time - I scanned them all and e-mailed them to her - and then we hope tomorrow is the Great Apostille Day - we have to get our marriage certificate copies apostilled in Missouri and the rest of our docs in Kansas, so we're hoping to hit the building in downtown KC and then making the trip to Topeka for the balance. Fingers crossed! Then I could FedEx the entire package to the agency...we have until Friday to get the documents there before they close for the holidays.
Otherwise...it's freakin' cold! Today we're getting snow; we're supposed to get 2 to 5 inches. I wish I could stay tucked at home!
Caught another mouse in the closet overnight, so apparently our previous little friend had at least one friend of his (or her) own.
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That's great that you're almost done!
Post a Comment