Good things so far, and it's only 10 a.m.
1. We only had 1 correction to send to our social worker after seeing the home study report. My company name was off by one letter (it starts with a strange series of letters, followed by the word Biosciences, and the C in the series had turned into an L throughout the home study). I laughed when I saw the home study for the first time - I think I was kind of expecting some massive tome about how wonderful Brian and I are, but it was compilation of data/information about us and the social workers information about meeting with us in person and talking with us, etc. I hope to have the final copy this coming week; then it will get sent (with money, of course) to the federal government, who will invite us to come be fingerprinted for the feds background check (we also were background checked during our home study process, just not to this level). Once they approve us we'll complete our Russia registration paperwork and submit our initial registration packet to Russia - then we'll be assigned a region in Russia and will do MORE paperwork!
2. My wonderful husband got up before me and started working on the nursery ceiling. It has - or should I say had - horrible cottage cheese with...wait...gold glitter on the ceiling. Horrid! He's been scraping and getting it to a more palatable texture. We bought paint last weekend and are starting to make progress on turning it into an actual kid's room! Can't wait until I can start painting the dresser and chest of drawers and until paint goes on the walls! We'll try to take along-the-way pics.
3. My aforementioned wonderful husband is in cooking bacon and eggs for breakfast sammies. See, I said the day was starting off right!
Saturday, September 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Girl, you'd better hold on to that one. My husband knows where the kitchen is, but has not the foggiest idea how to create food there. :)
Can you send Brian my direction for some intense cottage cheese scraping?!?! We don't have the col gold specks like you do, but definately have the rest! I asked Scott to scarpe it and he suggested we sell the house!! LOL!
Post a Comment