Have I ever told you all what a delicious husband I have?
OK, even though he doesn't know that I wrote that...I'll bet he's blushing. But I cannot see, you see, where he is (OK, that's a lie because he just walked through racing to the upstairs bathroom because "There is something in my eye and it is not good!") because he's back and forth between the garage and the nursery where he's getting ready to paint our STRIPES!
For some reason, I've always pictured the nursery with stripes. On the "one weekend we were pregnant" we gleefully raced to H.O.M.E. D.E.P.O.T. and picked paint chips, the general combination haven been chosen many moons before when we were at a craft store and we both reached for a scrapbooking sticker/accessory, a kind of retro version of the cow jumping over the moon.
The sticker was complete with a great batch of colors - blue, chocolate brown, yellow, cream. Neutral enough to work for either boy or girl.
So, the paint chips got taped to the wall and then taken down when the pregnancy was lost. We called the room anything but the nursery. But, now we realize that we need to do work along the way so that we don't have to do hours and hours of work immediately, all at one time.
The plan is this: wainscotting on the bottom, in Behr Serene Sky. Then a piece of trim/chair rail, then the wall above STRIPED! Not sure why I'm obsessed with it, but I am! So guess whose husband is in the room right now measuring off either 11- or 12-inch stripes. The base coat is Behr Moon Mist (and those who know me, do you see nice symbolism in sun-moon-stars?) and the stripes Behr Pale Daffodil (sorry, not all can fit the sentimental theme!).
Last weekend we (the we mainly being Brian, but I did help load the dresser and chest of drawers into the truck, out of the truck, into the shop, out of the shop and into the house!) painted the dresser and chest a chocolate brown (actually Behr Bear Rug, which is in the den and on our shelves that Brian built...see...delicious!).
I'm taking pics along the way, so I'll keep you updated!
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sounds too cute! I can't wait to see your pics!!
The nursery sounds like it is going to be fabulous. I wish I had some talent (and patience) to do something fun like that. Mostly likely we will just paint it one color and call it a day. :)
Kim
Post a Comment