Sunday, September 21, 2008

Be on the lookout, feds; our documents are headed your way

Drum roll, please.

The coming week will see our I600A submission to the United States Department of Homeland Security/Citizenship and Immigration Services. While I have to leave on a plane first thing in the a.m. for a business trip, my trusty better half will be sending in the paperwork. Our agency gave us instructions to submit it ourselves (a form, a check, our completed home study and proof of citizenship and marriage), though many of my online friends say either their agency or their social worker submitted the form on their behalf. It's crazy that as similar as our adoption experiences are, they are all different!

Once we send it in, we wait for an invitation to be fingerprinted by the feds, who do another background check. Then we wait again for them to send us an approval letter that means we can get our basic Russia registration paperwork wrapped up.

Work's taking me away for a Monday a.m. to Friday night business trip and I'm really going to miss Brian, our doggies and home. I hope to be busy enough on my business trip to have the days and nights fly by. Wish me luck...we'll see if I have any time to post and update anyone on my shenanigans!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

WOOHOO!!! Wishing you a speedy appointment letter coming soon!

It is true how everyone's adoption proceedings are so different!

Have a great trip!