I finally ran our "acceptance payment" to the local branch of our adoption agency today. It's just the first in a series of milestone payments we'll make to them along the way. This one wasn't bad - I keep reminding myself to look at the money in the chunks that we pay it, not in the big lump sum. It felt good to get that task off the to-do list.
We also set up our first meeting with the social worker who will be doing our home study. On Wednesday we'll go to her office and learn about the specific forms that we'll be required to gather and just how the process works. I'm sure the post next Wednesday evening will be interesting!
Other than that, I'm just thankful the weekend is here. Brian has to work tomorrow, but I'm looking forward to chilling out at home and making more of my famous lists - I want to start thinking about things to get before the home study (a carbon monoxide detector, electric outlet covers, cabinet latches, etc.) and dig through the garage for some stuff I have that I think I'll sell on eBay. I'm also thinking about making change jars for friends and family to drop coins into on our behalf...if you're one of those said friends and family members, please let me know if you'd consider contributing your spare change to the cause of Brian, me and our kiddo. I'd never ask such a thing in our "normal" lives, but for our Russian baby I'll make the sacrifice! Either post a comment or e-mail me what you think or if you have any great fundraising ideas! Fundraising has been the topic of a couple of other adopting-from-Russia blogs and I've gotten some good ideas there - but I'm needing more!
I'm also going to curl up and catch up on some reading; I have far too many library books and need to read some and return them and quit being such a book hog!
Friday, June 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment