Wednesday, June 11, 2008

One thing new - but also more waiting

Today we learned who our agency adoption consultant is - she will hold our hands through the entire process and is here to be our support system and answer any questions we have. She was very nice in her introduction and even e-mailed a photograph of herself to us (because she, after all, has our application pictures!). I told her I hoped she was sincere in her offer to answer questions and be there for us, because I plan to take her up on her offer! It's wonderful to have a dedicated go-to person who I can call or e-mail and who will know where we are in the process, etc.

The waiting that's getting frustrating is the waiting for our agency packet full of all of the details about what steps to take first. I did learn today that the form we'll need to fill out and submit to the US Citizenship and Immigration Service starts the whole thing, so I did some research on it. The form is included in our packet with additional instructions. The packet HAS to get here soon - it was sent from St. Louis either Thursday or Friday, so come on. I guess this is just getting me used to the waiting that could be looming!

That's all for now!

No comments: