Monday, June 16, 2008

Knee deep in ourselves!

Things I've learned about government, forms and bureaucracy:

1. Our ENTIRE marriage certificate is posted online, with only a few details whited out - our socials and the address at the time we filled in the form. Otherwise, our signatures (and those of our witnesses and minister) are right there on the state of Missouri site, just with a simple search!

2. Lines on the forms sometimes DO NOT MATCH THE QUESTIONS - they start matching question line, question line, then they go all wonky and space strangely making it really frustrating!

3. We're close to sending in our first official form!

I'm busy making copies, making files and making lists. We plan to send our I-600A to the government on Wednesday and turn in our acceptance paperwork to the agency that day, too. Then we'll start gathering home study documents and - fingers crossed - get assigned a home study date!

No comments: