OK, so I don't know for certain that there are that many steps ahead of us, or that this was exactly step 3. I suppose it depends on where we really started this journey! Was step 1 deciding on adoption? Or was it when we decided on Russia? Or on this particular agency?
Who knows. What I do know is...we're on our way!
The local office of our adoption agency is...get ready...just down the street from my office, only about 5 to 10 minutes away from where I spend my weekdays! Though I knew that the agency had to be on the up-and-up based on all of the personal references I've gotten, I still (just sort of) worried that I'd walk in and see a wooden door laying across two concrete blocks as a desk or a 1985 computer and a dot matrix printer. But, those (smallish) fears were totally unfounded and I handed over my blue folder with our multi-page application (checked over about 17 times), selected photographs of hearth and home (and us) and our application payment.
On Sunday we're headed to the agency (with my Mom!) for a workshop with more information. In the meantime, we're still awaiting Brian's birth certificate from the Great State of Michigan; when we get it we'll start the great Brian passport quest. Once we're (fingers crossed!) accepted by the adoption agency, we'll start on our dossier for Russia - a process that takes 3 to 6 months to complete.
Curious how we portrayed ourselves and our little abode?




That's basically it (plus one from upstairs)...but here's us!
When there's more news to update, I'll do it!

1 comment:
Only thing missing is the white picket fence ...
Post a Comment