
It's funny what preoccupies your mind. Wait, maybe I should rephrase that. It's funny what preoccupies MY unique, quirky, strange little mind.
Sometimes I jump ahead and picture Brian and me getting of a plane in Moscow and being immersed in a foreign culture more than a few miles from home. Other times I imagine us seeing our first baby home (where they keep little ones in Russia who are waiting to be adopted) or even how we're going to decorate the little one's room. I can think of the room as that again - for a time it was the No-Name Room and for the time being it remains the Beer Brewing Room, but eventually it will be the little one's room!
Today's preoccupation? Filling up our piggy banks to fund this little adventure we've decided to take. I saw a pig drawing hanging in a cube at work today (raise your hand if you know this is your cube!) and all afternoon I kept thinking of dropping coins in a little piggy bank to bring home Baby Shriner. OK, in all honesty, it's going to take a...what's the word for a group of pigs? Posse? Gaggle? Herd? 10 points to anyone who can tell me if there's a name for piggies en masse! Anyway, it's going to take a lot of piggy banks for this one.
But, just when I get overwhelmed at the thought, I see a friend smile when she looks at a picture of her chubby little Michelin Man baby (raise your hand if you know this is your child!) or have a friend write in one of those e-mail friendship surveys that I always send around because I think they're quite fun, thank you, and I love talking about me and learning about my friends say that her kids are her favorite smell (which, by the way, I totally get!) and I think: That's why. I want that.
And so we might have to fork over some dough to get there and turn friends down for lunches out during a work week or eat mac and cheese until Kraft runs out of little blue boxes, what we'll get at the end of this all can only be described as priceless.
P.S. If anyone has empty piggy banks at home, feel free to fill them up on our behalf. That was a joke. Wait...maybe not. :)

1 comment:
Mac and cheese is bad for you. But it is cheap.
Post a Comment