Hi, all - since we're still waiting for next Tuesday's blood test to tell us if we have continued reason to be hopeful I don't have much to report - just wanted to check in and say hello! I'm feeling well and continue to hope and pray that at least one of the embies we transferred on Thursday is snuggling in for a good 9-month stay.
I'm continuing to enjoy one more week off work, though I have started to try to ease myself back in by checking e-mail and having the work computer visible on the coffee table!
It's that very rough emotional period that every couple trying to conceive goes through - often called the 2 week wait or 2WW. It's that time post-ovulation when you just have to...wait! I'm used to this time frame - we tried for a year before we had any medical problems confirmed and then had 5 inseminations where we waited to see if they were successful. But, this time is different in a way because we put embies back - we didn't just hope that the boys would bump into the girl like with an insemination, if you know what I mean!
The worst part about this time is trying not to analyze every symptom. Is that good? Bad? Does it mean anything? Try not to think about it...yeah right! The first part of this whole IVF journey was full of stuff to do - shots, appointments, ultrasounds, retrievals, fertilization reports, transfers...and then WAIT. They encourage you to act as if you're pregnant, but then you worry that you're not preparing yourself if you're not, but then I think at least one of the 4 has to want to be a little baby Shriner, right?
So if any of you sees Brian any time soon, make sure you give him his gold star for living with me and helping me through all of this. The man is a saint or something, I swear.
Enough ramblings for now...hello to you all!
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment