Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Fall

We're in my absolute favorite season and my absolute favorite month. I wish the 80s would go away completely and it could be in the 70s all the time, but we'll get there. We had a great weeked with Bri here the whole time - it started out with doughnuts and then we went to a family fall festival. The girls went to their first wedding Saturday night and then Sunday held church and an entire afternoon and evening in the yard enjoying fresh air, the fire pit and roasted hot dogs and smores.

This week finds us in our now routine routine. Leah has school every day and on Tuesdays she has a kiddo gymnastics class; Hope's is on Wednesdays. Thursdays we try to hit a storytime.

I also know I'm a new mom but I feel like I'm not on top of anything - bills, the house, the girls' needs, the groceries, etc., let alone figuring out the big picture stuff we need to figure out. Everything's technically getting done evenutally but really half-as*ed. Does the fact that I'm sitting here having a few potato chips and some onion dip for breakfast because there's no bread, eggs or milk in the house tell you anything? I'm not even going to tell you what I resorted to for the girls! The guilt is just too great! :) One morning surely can't hurt them, right?


Leah's first Krispy Kreme


And Hope's

I TOUCHED a PIG!
Hope's first dance. A kind wedding guest made her night! Later our wonderful friend Roger danced with her and continued to keep the grin on her face!

5 comments:

MJTG said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

The fact that you're doing all those fun things with the girls cancels out any "bad-mommy-moments." They're not really "bad-mommy-moments" to anyone else, just the perfectionist inside us. There are days my kids still have cereal for supper, or I have to make a midnight run to QuickTrip for milk... I know it's difficult, but try not to be so hard on yourself. Relationships are a priority, not groceries! :)

Love ya,
Julie

Anonymous said...

It was great seeing you all earlier this week! Girls are absolutely cutie pies.
Enjoy fall activities and Halloween!
love,
Hanne's

Anonymous said...

Wait---potato chips & onion dip isn't okay for breakfast? So THAT's been my problem! :o)

I'm more than happy to sit with the girls for a bit if you ever need to get out for a sanity break or a grocery run. Just holla!

Sarah

Anonymous said...

Our kids love us for who we are. Make life an adventure! Today we are out of...what can we do instead? It gives them a new way of thinking of things. :)
Oh, being 1/2 assed is part of our job! We are very good at it. It makes things really special when we can do it 100%!
Hang in there and enjoy the ride (bumps and all).
Becky