We have arrived safely once again in Tver, Russia. We left the US Monday morning and arrived in Moscow Tuesday morning, with the time change. We tried to stay awake on the 2-hour or so ride from Moscow to Tver but neither one of us had much luck. We got checked in at the hotel and then collapsed and slept for a bit. We forced ourselves awake for some evening hours here and went to bed around midnight local time. Now it's about 6:40 a.m. Wednesday and we'll head down to breakfast soon. We have a 9 a.m. meeting with agency staff to plan today and tomorow; we have court on Friday, a 3-day weekend then court on Tuesday.
It's funny what is familiar and what is new here. When we were here in December the daylight hours were incredibly short. It would stay dark until about 9 a.m. and then start getting dark about 3:30 p.m. By evening it was pitch black.
Last night I asked Brian what time it was; it was perfectly sunny and bright. His response: 11:30!!!! Even at midnight when we turned out the lights there were still streaks of light in the sky.
I'll try to take some pics out and about today; even when we see the girls I can't post pics yet, until it's all legal and all that jazz. But, I'll try to give you a glimps of what we're seeing!
Sleep well, friends and family!
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I can't wait to hear how things go on Friday. Man, how great would it be if they just wrapped up the whole court in one day for you!! Guess thats wishful thinking. Hope you catch up on some rest and can enjoy this trip........I can't imagine the emotions....hope I get to experience them soon. Thinking of you!!!!
Good luck. I've been to Tver' 4 times. My wife lives in Tver. We're working on paperwork. Anyway... WOW light at 11:30PM isn't it crazy? My wife usually comes and gets me from the airport and, arranges bus, or taxi. Nobody speaks English! ;) I don't yet speak Russian. How do you all do it? I'm impressed. Your blog comes up on my google news alert and, I've read it a few times. I wish you the best.
Yeah! I am sooooooo happy for y'all!!!
I've been thinking about you guys - so happy everything is going well so far. Good luck on Friday - you all are going to be amazing parents and the judge will see that. Can't wait to see your precious angels!! Enjoy your time with them and take pictures, pictures and video!!
Good Luck at court and so happy that you guys arrived safely.
Holly! So glad to hear you've arrived safely. Best wishes seeing the girls! Tell them they have a lot of family and friends waiting to meet them and that we love them already!!! LUL! James, Tiff and Sophia
Post a Comment