Monday, June 14, 2010

Days 6 & 7, June 13 and 14

Sunday was really rainy (rumbly even) and dreary and we didn't leave the hotel. It made for kind of a long day, but we did our best to enjoy relaxing and not having anything we HAD to do. We'd wanted to walk back to the grocery but didn't feel that we needed to get drenched particularly, so we made do with some snacks and leftovers we had here from our previous trip to the grocery.

Today is cool and grey, but not rainy. It's an official government holiday and things seem a bit quieter than a normal weekday, but folks are out and about. After breakfast we walked to the river, which is just a few blocks from the hotel. It has some green areas and a walkway down by the river. From there we walked to the grocery and got some more bread, cheese and juice for today's fine dining. We try to save money as much as possible; this trip I think we'll only eat dinners in the hotel restaurant 2 times total. Breakfast is included with the room so we hit that every day.

I'm especially having trouble getting my body to adjust time-wise this trip. Maybe it's because it's been a long weekend with no official "stuff" to do. If I get up, get going and keep going I'm fine, but on days when we don't have to get up and go somewhere I find myself getting really sleepy during what's late US or overnight US hours. Then at midnight here, when it finally gets somewhat dark and my brain accepts that it is finally bedtime, my body is like, "NOPE!" and I am wide, wide awake. Oh, well. I guess on this trip it doesn't really matter when I'm sleeping!

We're just going to putter more today and then tomorrow head to the grocery one last time for a few items to take home. Russian chocolate is GOOD. Then we are being picked up tomorrow at 2:30 for our 3 p.m. court appearance. I hope the judge has a 4 p.m. docket appointment so we're in and out! Hopefully tomorrow's post is that she's signed the decree and we just have to wait out the 10 days!


On our walk to the river


Beware the river



5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Hi Holly! We're thinking of you a ton as you go to court! Best of luck and PPT! LUL!

Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow!!! Sending TONS of prayers your way! :o)

Love you guys!
Sarah & Grady

Alison said...

OKay, "Beware the River" cracked me up! I am so glad you are posting such funny pictures!

Good luck tomorrow!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go so far. We are so proud of what you both have done to get to here. Can't wait to tell your girls the story when they grow up!!
love,
Hanne's

Shelly and Steve said...

Holly, I'm praying everything went smoothly and wonderful. You're in my thoughts girlfriend!!!